NORWOOD PARK HISTORICAL SOCIETY CONDUCTS MEMBERSHIP DRIVE TO MARK ITS BEGINNING OF A SECOND HALF CENTURY
The Norwood Park Historical Society invites everyone to become a member in their all-volunteer organization that manages a local history museum in the historic Noble-Seymour-Crippen House, Chicago’s oldest (1833). Last September, the organization celebrated its golden anniversary (50 years of achievements), that included purchasing the Noble-Seymour-Crippen House, 5624 N. Newark Ave., in Chicago, in 1987. The following year, it was designated a City of Chicago Landmark. Restoration work in 2000 led to identifying it as the oldest house in Chicago when it was determined that the south portion of the building was constructed in 1833 as the home of Mark Noble, Sr. and his family. Another honor was accorded the house in 2000 when it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Throughout the year, (click here to continue reading)
- Participation in an all-volunteer organization that depends on memberships, donations, and events for funding.
- 100% of the Membership fee is used to defray the cost of “keeping the lights on” and provide programs throughout the year in Chicago’s oldest house (1833), the Noble-Seymour-Crippen House.
- Members receive the NPHS monthly newsletter with information on upcoming events, including monthly general meetings.
- Access to the NPHS Museum, open to the public on Saturdays, year-round with rotating displays of historical significance.
- Access to the Society’s fifty years of research into the history of our community and help for members in conducting a house history search.
- Vote for the Board of Directors and Officers and even become a Board member.
- Access to a “Members Only” page on the NPHS website.
- Participation in the selection of the Society’s leadership (Officers & Board).
- Taking an active role in preserving the Noble-Seymour-Crippen House, Chicago’s oldest house and promoting the history of the Norwood Park Community.
You can join or renew online by selecting one the choices below. If you select dual/family, please provide a second email in the box, if you wish. Note that you can only sign yourself or your family up for a membership. If you want to sign someone else up, please use the form referenced below.
To become a Life member, at $350 one-time, click here.
To subscribe by mail, print this membership form and mail it to: Norwood Park Historical Society, 5624 N Newark Ave, Chicago, IL 60631-3137. (You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to use the form. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.)
Business membership. There are two levels of business membership:
$100 all individual benefits plus ads in the newsletter.
$200 all of the above plus a link on our website.
Contact membership chair using the membership form.
Thank you for your donation! As we are an all volunteer 501(c)3 organization, please note that your donation is tax-deductible where allowed by law.
Donate to the Norwood Park Historical Society online with a credit card, or send your donation to us at 5624 N. Newark Ave., Chicago IL 60631.
GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information about nonprofit organizations. GuideStar also serves to verify that a recipient organization is established and that donated funds go where the donor intended. It is often used by donors to learn about the organization to which they are donating or considering to donate. Click here to see our profile.
Click here to see the Press Release.
Questions about memberships? Write to email@example.com.